Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm now... 23 :D

As I'm sitting here on the futon in my house, listening to music and reading a book for class I ponder this week and all of its fullness. I'm realizing the blessing God has given me, bringing me here to Monmouth. I've known about it for a while, but really... I could have ended up anywhere. Somewhere in Washington going to a university, where I'd try to go home every weekend or something of the sort. Somewhere across the country (which would have been awesome) but I am here. A small town, thirty minutes from Oregon's state capital and fairly close too two major schools. In this place, God is here. God is other places, and even with you wherever you are. But ultimately he brought me here to listen, to learn, to ponder, and to appreciate. 

This week has been a rough one. From a busy bust schedule everyday, to not doing well in a class, or from having to go to the dentist because of a crack in my tooth that happened all of a sudden. I've done lots of shedding of tears, asking so many questions in my head and talking to God. I know things that can get tough, and that everyone's tough is different. My tough this week was just too much to handle at times. But most importantly God opened doors and showed me love through people. 

It's been a nonstop week and one that I am happy to endure. It's the end of week six in school which means projects and tests are being pushed full force. My attitude: there's a lot going on, a lot to do, but it can be done. I've got to look for the outlet of help when I need it. I can push away. 

Tuesday I faced a day of prayer, the elementary school, hs lunch and work. While eating a snack at work I thought to myself how much my tooth was hurting. Okay this pain was not normal, even for me. I've also decide I need to cut back on the sugar. Because this particular tooth that was hurting had already been worked on twice and all of its troubles were due to some sort of sweet. As this tooth pain would not subside, it was time to call the dentist. Who I have been avoiding because I just don't have the money to get work done. Other plans were in store. I rushed to the dentist from work hoping they had a time slot so they could work on my tooth that day. Praise The Lord! I was able to get in and have a temp filling bad news, I need more work done; which means forking over more money I don't have. It's all important and must get done so no complaints. That was Tuesday with thankfully a nice time of young life to go to and the support from my awesome team :)

Tuesday had come and gone and it was Wednesday. That's normal I know. Presentation to do that day which I felt want over very well. Next class, history; oh joy! Not my favorite, but also not the worst class ever. It was fine until my professor said we would be getting our exam back. Thinking to myself, "I did decent, can't be that bad" get it back..... 68. That equals a D+. This is normal work since I don't retain information well, but that's still not what you want to get. Things are not piling on... Just not in he best of moods facing this week. Then remember sort of that Thursday it is my birthday with a super packed day.

Thursday comes and it's time to face it, but I am excited to be 23. I'm feeling more mature. Not ready to take on adult responsibilities, but still stoked! Wake up early for the day to begin with campaigners, then the elementary school and work. Lets just say it was a good morning, even if too myself I was saying it wasn't. People were kind, even if they didn't remember ;) class comes and goes and we get out a half hour early, noting better than that! The night before, a great couple I know invited me over for pizza birthday dinner. That I really enjoyed an my mood started turning around. He rest f my night consisted of the spring dance concert with a few friends and to end going to crush a nice little fancy bar place that serves wine. I mean I am 23 now for crying out loud! And the whole "bar scene" was never my thing. I am not a wine person, but Kaila picked good. Ending the night there with Kaila and Shelby was a lot of fun!!  The free dessert topped it off even more as well :)

I did have a good birthday and embracing the new age, even if I am still in school and will be for a while!

This morning I've spent it being blessed with the fact I didn't have to work. Even f I need some hours. I got to sleep in; which has not been done for days! Maybe even weeks! Praise God for his goodness an love. I made banana bread and soon will watch safe haven which one of my awesome roommates gave me for my birthday :) can't go wrong with Nicholas! 

Have lots planned for a while, but I am slowly learning to embrace it and hopefully won't keep getting so overwhelmed. Thanks to all for the birthdays wishes, presents and fun. And that included watching my other roommate in the spring dance concert!

Hope you all have a great weekend :)thanks for reading 

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment