Saturday, February 2, 2013

My life isn't in my control

So this last week, ya didn't really go as I would have liked. I had to step up and realize things happen, life goes on, and it's not in my control. As much as I want something to happen, it isn't up to me. And honestly, I know that. Of course, I would rather things go smoothly, but somedays I need to be reminded that God has control.

God was telling me this last week that he has control over my money and to stop worrying because I have everything I need. He also reminded me that I need to be able to ask for help and rely on other people. And when I do, they will prove to be faithful and trustworthy. I wouldn't necessarily say those are problems that I struggle with, but they are things I forget to do.

God answered my prayers and curiosity about school Saturday. He confirmed I wouldn't be applying for the Ed Program to enter in the Fall. I was devastated at the fact that it took time and money to have that answered, but thats when I have to have faith that God will provide. In the midst of my not good couple of days I found a peace with God. I talked to him about what I thought, but also reassured Him that I trust in how He is working my life. He is bringing such amazing, loving people in my presence and I am so beyond words thankful for them! They are all so encouraging about my life and what I am doing. It gets so hard for me to take their words literal, but I am working on it.

I believe everything happens for a reason! Nothing is by chance. I learned that multiple ways recently. Through school, with some special friends. School has been taking me longer then I ever anticipated, but honestly I am excited to be here in Monmouth. It pulls me far from people that I am getting to know better back home and building strong relationships with. But as long as people are willing to work things out anything is possible! I am making lasting friendships in Monmouth, and growing as a follower of Christ.
I think growing is what I am thrilled about most. A few months ago I wasn't entirely sure who I was. In the sense that I didn't know where school was going, who I had by my side, what I had to do to succeed. Doors have been open wide and my eyes have seen glimpses of what is to come. And can I say only good comes from those times. I will find something positive in each of my circumstances. I may not agree with everything that goes on, but every single aspect of my life and the life of others is a learning experience.

Thursday I was very lucky to get to spend most of my day with my beautiful friend Brie. When I confident in making friends last year, she was helping lead me to creating lasting friendships! I got to eat at the Pink Cafe for the first time! Since I visited this town I have always wanted to go there. Man am I glad I finally got too! So yummy, and such a cute building. I am really glad I got to catch up with my friend and can't wait till we get to catch up again.

This week went by, and now it is almost over. A new start tomorrow as it is Sunday. Today I get to accomplish a color wheel for my art class. Ya, it sounds real easy doesn't it ;). Not quite, mixing colors by eye to match other colors. That is what I get to do all day. Luckily it's a task I can do while watching movies!

Recently my eyes have been opened again to who I am growing into. There is something people keep saying they can see a change in me. I feel like life is growing up and my mind is expanding! (I wish it were for school) Expanding for life's events. Having knowledge for what to do and say when people ask me questions. It is really interesting. I keep thinking about how soon I will be 23. I am heading into my mid-twenties. Not sure how I feel about it, but regardless it is happening. Life does not just stop when we want it to. We have to embrace all that is happening around us. I am excited at the same time, for so many things. Last night I was making cookies, and doing random things for my roommates, ha and I said I can't wait to be a mother! In the sense that I want to nurture and take care of other beings. I really like to be there and fix food for others or do things for others if they need it. Ya I am weird.

I just wrote another novel about my life! Sorry about that. A lot of random thoughts, but that's me. RANDOM! Hope you all have a great weekend!!
OH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL FRIEND Tashia :) Love you girl. You mean so much to me, and you are such an amazing Mother and friend.

:) Thanks for reading!
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment