Monday, February 25, 2013

God and His greatness!

I just ended week 7 for winter term! Time is flying! I keep hearing people say that they are registering for their last term of school. In all honesty I wish that was me. If I were on a four year track, that would have been me last year. If I were on a five year track, that would be me this year. God has me on a different track. Each day when I face this fact I become more aware and learn to accept it this truth. It is something on my mind a lot, and I just don't want it to consume my every thought. So far I am doing an ok job!

This past week I have gone to classes, worked and chatted with people. I also finished Crazy love, yay me! Oh man was it good, and makes you want to change. Change for good. Change the way you buy things and what you do with your money. I want to be someone who trusts God with absolutely everything. I do know He will give me strength, courage, and patience. I have a tough time believing He will supply me with the money I need. I know it is true, but I do not act or think in that way. I don't down size what I have so I can give my money away. I buy things I do not need. What are these things anyway. Just something to pass my time, or feed me bad food for my body. Why can't I survive on fruits, veggies, grains, and dairy. And read only my Bible, or have a flip phone that doesn't do much more then call people. It is because I live in a world that thinks these belongings makes us better off and more popular. I am so ready for a world of change! One that loves each other. Picks kindness and forgiveness over anger and hatred. A world that puts others first and doesn't hold grudges. This really isn't a fairy tale world. This is a world that was intended by God. All I can do is share the wonderful truth that about our Savior, and live a life that expresses the truth!

This weekend I went to Canyon to be a wrangler. A wrangler who was going to work in the dinning hall. By God's glorious grace, He decided that Kaila and I should not be working in the kitchen. Praise God, we were scared we would drop a tray, and we didn't have to think about that any further. We get to camp, and we are told we are being pulled from the kitchen and will work in the sports center and at the swing! How awesome is that! Things only got better from there. I loved working at the swing and helping all the middle schoolers with their harnesses so they could get on the ride. It was so cold outside and we were out there for 4 hours. The cold didn't even phase me! I was constantly moving, and talking so the day went smooth and fast. A little too fast in my opinion. We got to go to club before the sports center and we worshipped with middle schoolers and their leaders. Man what a site, a site to see so many youngsters Praising our God!! Here comes the good part. My new buddy , RiAnna was telling me she was going to train my on the rock wall so I could belay the campers. In my head I was freaking out. Something new to do, and have others lives in my hands. Not my idea of fun. Wow was I wrong. It was so great. I got to learn so many new names, and was able to encourage these campers and leaders that they could climb the wall! I am so glad I did it! Sunday morning Kaila and I woke up early! Ok it was finally like 6:15 and we were headed to the Sassy to work the espresso. So middle schoolers don't really drink coffee, (thankfully, otherwise they would be way off the wall!) so we ended up making a bunch of hot chocolate. Another great experience here, this weekend we were able to be in close communications with the other wranglers :) Shout out to my Ocean Shores peeps that were there. I was so excited to see Kristy, Bob, Bill and Ken. I will hopefully be seeing you all soon at home!! Thanks for making my weekend just a bit better. Of course there are more details to the weekend, but this is already a book long. We made great timing home, and thanks to Kaila for driving!
Good weekend! Good friends! Good food! Good times!

Here is to another week, and hope that week 8 isn't getting to too many people. Almost done for the term :) and then I get to see WAFARA again! :)

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment