Sunday, April 14, 2013

Joy

Looks as if I haven't really written since school started this term. Fair warning I am sick, so if sentences do not make sense or my spelling is wrong I blame NyQuil since that is in my system tonight.

Since I have been back from break school has taken off. I am taking 5 classes this term, and I know my history class is going to kick my butt. I find everything very interesting to learn, but some of the language is complete gibberish to me. Let's pray I can get through each two hour class M/W. Some days I just want to snooze. My other classes are turning out to be fun and more intriguing (well for the most part that is). In the next few months I will do science experiments, p.e. lesson plans, write some papers about social study issues, lots of random stuff about history and learn about special needs in the education system. I am ready to learn, let me tell ya!
Thinking about this term gets to me think about the one class I will be taking right after this term for a week. Then I start to think about living here this summer, which leads me to jobs and money. I need to take one day at a time. I have a lot of exciting things happening this term and this summer that I must not let consume my mind. My focus is the present, each day one day at a time is all I must do. If we live in a time of the future our minds will go crazy!
Back to some things that have recently been going on is that I am working in a kindergarten classroom. Every Tuesday and Thursday I am volunteering in a classroom with 20 adorable 5 and 6 year olds. They make me laugh every day and test my patience more than I thought could. There is one little boy in this class who I think every time I am in there asks if I have a kid at the school, and when I tell him no he asks if I have a baby in my tummy. I have jumped to the conclusion that I am sure he doesn't understand that since I am in school I can not have kids. Which is the truth for me. Sometime it will hit him that I am just helping in his classroom. I always have some sort of story about these kids. This last Thursday my little buddy Rylan noticed the pooh bear shirt and pin I was wearing and told me Spiderman is better. I had to disagree with him and tell him that Pooh Bear is better. He still didn't agree, so this "argument" went on all afternoon. At the end of the day I called him Mr. Pooh Bear and he said, "People don't call me Mr. Pooh Bear." He then called himself Mr. Pooh SpiderMan, cracked me up!
Oh I am sure I will have more to share from this buddy and many others. They brighten my day, and I look forward to working with them each week. More confirmation of how much I can't wait to be in a classroom.

Last weekend I was able to attend an amazing retreat with Wednesday Night Bible Study at Young Life's Breakaway camp in Gearhart, OR. I had such an amazing time. I still feel something missing, that I have been praying for off and on and something I could feel at the retreat, but I know when the time if right things will fall into place. God does amazing works in that way. It is important to remember that everything is in his timing. Not of my own. I can do nothing without him. At this retreat we sang worship songs, prayed together, hung out together, and played games together. Beach volleyball was a highlight in the game area because I had never played before. So much fun! Volleyball was never my "good" sport, as to why I did cross country, but so glad I did. But beach volleyball was something to be silly in! And after that we went to the beach. I missed the beach. I always miss the beach! Can't wait to visit a beach again! So many new friends and memories were made at this retreat! I am so happy God made it in my plan to go, and for everyone else who was there. God makes things happen for a reason, and for each individual to be there was to help us grow stronger and closer.

So many things in these last couple weeks I am thankful for!
Tonight I must close because I can tell my medicine is kicking in and I should sleep!
Oh the wonders sleep can do! Everyone make sure to get enough sleep in their regular sleeping routine. It is important! :)

Good night friends
OH and pray for a quick recovery! Thanks :D

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment