Friday, January 18, 2013

Being happy is up to you

I have figured in my years of living that you can change your attitude. It is all with the help of God, but it is you who determines whether you are going to have a good attitude or a bad one. I have embraced the fact that I will have a good one. Everyday isn't grand, and I go through my times of stress and worry (which I am trying to work on), but life is really what we make it. That has been my saying more recently.

This last week has been an eye opener. I haven't made too many changes lately, but I am taking some good courses in school, and I know later I will freak about most of them in some way. One that brought some concern, only because of the time was my music education class. It is at 7pm on Thursday nights. Normally around 9 or 10 I am trying to settle in for the night, but I am not getting home till at least 9:45. So I went to class this last Thursday, we get there and start taking notes (the norm for first time having class). Then my professor is having us up playing an introduction to each other game. We also were dancing around the room, singing, and playing drums on the ground. The best part is that we can be silly! I love being silly :) For a lot of people improvising dance moves isn't in their comfort zone, but for me that is another story. I do tend to get embarrassed very easily, but I have learned to have fun. If people judge me for my awesome skills or lack of, that is their problem. As long as I am having fun I'm digging it!

I'm realizing more and more each day how faithful and trust worthy God is. I thank God for all He gives me and blesses me with, but there are times where I am doubtful when I know I shouldn't be. But this week God showed me that believing is the key!

I am so happy that today is finally Friday. I have had such a long overwhelming week. Good things have sprung and that makes me happy! When I least expect it good comes from all circumstances. I feel like I did so much this week and I also figured out some exciting news. I am further ahead in my education then I thought and if I get my butt in gear and talk to A LOT of people I could maybe apply to be in the education program at my school for Fall 2013, instead of Spring 2014. I have to give it all up to the Lord. It is out of my hands, but I need to go forward and not stop with what needs to be done. I ask for prayer in this time that I can get the paperwork and classes figured out. If I have to apply later that is the Lord's plan. This is going to be an overwhelming as I get that ready for this next week.

This weekend I want to devote to some business, but I also want me time. It is the three day weekend and I wish I could have gone home, but many things make it so I couldn't. I hope to find some time for myself. Lately I have been listening to these amazing podcasts from Solid Rock. A church in Portland. John Mark has some amazing preachings that I have found and am getting so much insight. So it I had the choice I will be listening to those too, instead of watching movies :)!! If anyone feels like striking up a conversation this weekend, please do :) I miss lots of people from home, and friends that are all over.
Until next time! Thanks for reading :)

Lyss

No comments:

Post a Comment