Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Washington Family Ranch

Can I be out at the ranch every time I write a blog? I guess that means I should come out every weekend! I would be fine with that :) I don't know where I am at with last weeks blog, but oh we'll. Not a stressful thing. Finals week has come and gone, and spring break is here. I've been so blessed this last week. I took a final Wednesday ( my only real final) I don't like to rub it in, but it was nice to have time to relax. I was able to watch movies galore! I don't get get that a lot! I also had a night of strictly roommate time! Watched movies, colored, scrapbooking, chatting time. We don't get the chance to do that, like at all. Friday came for the end of the week and I prepared myself for my long adventurous weekend. Headed to the ranch. Long five or so our drive I was preparing myself for. Figured we would leave early enough so we would be in the dark on the way to camp. Thank goodness we did. Leah, Jessica and I had an adventure on the way here. Coming up the mountain and over the mountain I look to my gps for the directions since I have never driven here myself. Over the mountain I end up taking a wrong turn and my GPS tells me to go on a random road, which is all covered in snow. Going smooth with my SUV, we finally hit a rough patch of SNOW! I am from the beach, snow and me not close friends. Love it, just not driving in it. Talking to God I know he will get us through this. I decide to go to the road because our turn off was 250 yards in front of us :/ I walk the short way to he road and low and behold a minute later someone drives me. I flag them down and they come to our rescue! Praise The Lord. Everything else was smooth sailing. Finally I am at camp, so pumped and excited. This is my worry free happy place. What a blessing this week has been. Close quarters with so many godly people. Getting to know new people and their hearts. All weekend I listened to people, worked in the sassy and cut string with others and tied bracelets and necklaces then bag them up so they are ready for campers for the summer. I never realized what kind of work needs to totally be done to accomplish the experience everyone has for summer. Hard work for everyone, but so worth it. I can't wait to see kids here this summer, hear about a God who loves them and do all that we have prepared them for at this camp. This had been such a great experience that words can't always describe. I made a couple new friends named Isaac, Grace and joshua. Of course they are under the age of ten ! But that is where my heart goes! Big thanks to God for a great safe start to my break! Thanks for all you give to me on a daily basis. The food and clothing I need. Warm water and a hot shower. I am pumped to now head home and see what you bring to me there. Tomorrow hunter has a track meet :) and I get to see loved ones! Make this a long second half of break where I can love on my people! :)

Amen!
Alyssa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment